WAAST Prayer Guide – July 11, 2021
This year a record 45 visiting professors are involved in teaching at the undergraduate and graduate levels or in mentoring thesis students on the central campus. They come from North America, Europe—and from 10 African nations. Most are graduates of WAAST, and an increasing number have earned or are earning their doctoral degree. The various extension centers have their own pools of local and visiting professors. Most have years of experience as pastors and/or teachers, and they bring valuable insights from their own cultural context. Their experience enriches their courses and challenges students to consider new ideas and perspectives. We praise God for these men and women who come for two or three weeks to invest in training others.
- for safe travels for visiting professors; in two cases COVID-19 complications have prevented travel and courses have been done by teleconferencing;
- that as they interact, students and professors alike would gain a greater appreciation of the diversity of the Church and of the need to reach all people by all means;
- that the Lord would raise up still more qualified professors who are both willing and able to help at the central campus or in the extension centers;
- for those who are pursuing further theological training to better serve WAAST and the Church.
Look What the Lord Has Done!
Thank God for
- the capability of using teleconferencing to hold class when a professor cannot come;
- providing WAAST with a growing number of dedicated, Spirit-filled teachers!