WAAST Prayer Guide – June 20, 2021
Posted On 19/06/2021
THE EXTENSION CENTER IN SIERRA LEONE
This center was unable to hold courses during 2020, but reopened in January 2021, and several third-year students are preparing to come to Togo in August to complete their program and graduate. Pastors and churches here work in a context of deeply rooted animism, unbalanced prosperity teachings, and Islam. Many people tend to mix these beliefs and practices, and they need Spirit-filled leaders who will teach the unadulterated message of God’s Word. Muslims make up some 60% of the population, but many are open and responsive to the gospel. A Bible school in Freetown, the capital city, trains new pastors and accommodates the WAAST center as well. The construction of a second Bible school, in the interior, is almost complete. The Assemblies of God of Sierra Leone recently elected a new executive committee; three of the four leaders are WAAST graduates.
- for the new executive committee, that God’s would grant them His wisdom, anointing, and strength to do His work;
- concerning the COVID-19 pandemic here; recently the number of cases has risen significantly;
- for wisdom for pastors and believers as they confront false doctrines and false religions and bring people to the light of Jesus;
- for more workers to serve among the 10 people groups in Sierra Leone that are considered unreached;
- for provision for the students coming to Togo for study, and that the Lord would open doors for more to attend this center.
Look What the Lord Has Done!
The Muslim foreman of the construction team for the new Bible school recently accepted Jesus and is being discipled in a local church.