WAAST, as a part of the Assemblies of God churches of Africa and the world, adheres to the following statement of fundamental truths. We believe
– The Bible is the inspired and only infallible and authoritative Word of God.
– That there is one God, eternally existing in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
– In the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal future return to this earth in power and glory to rule a thousand years.
– In the Blessed Hope – the future of the Church at Christ’s coming.
– That the only means of being cleansed from sin is through repentance and faith in the precious blood of Christ.
– That regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential for personal salvation.
– That the redemptive work of Christ on the cross provides healing of the human body in answer to prevailing prayer.
– That the baptism in the Holy Spirit with the initial physical evidence of speaking in other tongues as the Spirit gives utterance, according to Acts 2:4, is given to believers who ask for it.
– In the sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a holy life.
– In the resurrection of both the saved and the lost, the one to everlasting life and the other to everlasting damnation.